G Rosea post moult feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Rosea post moult feeding

Hi just after some advice please. My G Rosea sling moulted two weeks ago following a 6 week pre moult fast. I have left it alone post moult for a week and then introduced a small food item that it had previously been taking (locust) and it is not interested. Is it usual for them to continue not eating post moult for weeks or longer? Any help appreciated.

If the sling didnt eat for 6 weeks prior to moulting there isnt any reason why it wont do the same post moult I would try it again in 2-3 weeks time but be prepared for another refusal. Start to get slightly worried in 6-8 months time LOL

Comment

Thanks Peter. I know they are known for their eating habits being a bit on and off just wanted to make sure it was ok. I have left a small water source (in a shallow bottle lid) for it and will try with food in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Come this March 15th my adult Grammostola rosea will have gone a whole year without feeding
        Every month I offer a cricket and there is always water available for her.

Comment

Puts things in perspective. I have got to adjust to the spiders feeding habits and not impose my own I guess. I'm sure when it wants food it will take it and it looks healthy and active.

Comment

Working...
          X