haplopelma lividum concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haplopelma lividum concern

could someone help. i have two haplopelma lividums both are female one being younger than the other. the problem is neither are taking food items and haven't for about 5 weeks now. they both have a good 6 inches of substrate they've both created tunnels and the heat and humidity seems ok. i spray there tanks about 3 times a week and sometimes let there water dish overflow a little to help keep the humidity going. it just seems strange that neither is eating at the same time i dont know if im doing something wrong somewhere or could it have something to do with the season i really dont know whats going on.

Nothing is going on. They are not hungry is all. That or both are in premoult.

Comment

ok cheers for that peter i'll keep an eye on them.

Comment

Im with Peter on this. Its not unusual for them not to feed for sometime. Just keep your eye on them

Ray
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Also worth noting, that whilst many people (including myself) keep H.lividum in relatively damp conditions, in the wild they can be found in very dry soil (at least, seasonally)
          I'd be cautious of using this approach without at least some sort of water dish (ugh) personally, but I'm sure it would bring handsome rewards in any breeding programmes.

Example here:

Comment

thanks for that ray i will be keeping an eye on things. the trouble is i've only been keeping old world t's for a few months and as both are not eating i just thought i haven't got something quite right. thanks for your reply.

Comment

hi leon it seems like you say and all the care sheets i've read suggest keeping the substrate on the damp side for this t. i just need to chill a bit as like i said to ray i've only had old world t's for a few months so im still learning about them. thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X