Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filled heaters?

Hi guys,

My collection is reaching the point where I feel it would be more beneficial to heat the whole room as apposed to using heat mats. I never really liked the idea of heat mats/pads anyway.

So I hear that oil filled heaters are the way to go. I don't want to spend a small fortune, but I do want something reliable, something that I can set to a specific temperature that it will maintain by itself. I've had a hunt around and found this...

Is this a good brand? Does anyone have a good heater that they could recommend instead.

Many thanks,

Jamie
    My Collection:

One of my pals recommended one of these to me Click Its an oil free 2kW radiator and is really good on the running costs. Also its got timer selections so you can set it to come on in the morning and then go off again at night for a drop in temps.

Comment

Wowzers! That is a little bit more than I wanted to spend to be honest. But it does look good. I want something where I can programme the day and night temps and just leave it to do it without me having to do it manually every day. I don't think the one I was looking at does that, but I have asked the seller and am waiting for a response.

Thanks for the link Graham, I might have to dig a little deeper into my pocket than I thought and go for that one!
      My Collection:

Comment

Like a numpty I sent you the wrong link... Haha

Click.

That is the one I bought, I got mine for around £80 posted so have a look about for that model. I really don't rate Delonghi as I bought one of their oil filled radiators years ago and it clapped out just out of warranty! Also, I wouldn't really worry about night time drops in temperature as most species of tarantula experience such in the wild, As long as your room doesn't drop too much more than 10°C with the heater off then it will be fine.

Cheers
        Chris

Comment

I use an oil heater as you can see in this thread http://www.manchesterinvertclub.co.u...hp?f=15&t=1144 the only problem I have is that the room is so dry I'm constantly topping up water bowls and spraying. Other than that it does the job perfectly

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Yes Chris, that is what I'm hoping to achieve - a nice drop in temp at night time. Sorry I don't think I worded that very well in my previous post. I want something that I can programme in a temp drop at night without having to do it manually each day. I'll have a shop around and see what I can get.

Thanks again guys.

Jamie
            My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Cooper View Post
              Thanks for the input guys.

Yes Chris, that is what I'm hoping to achieve - a nice drop in temp at night time. Sorry I don't think I worded that very well in my previous post. I want something that I can programme in a temp drop at night without having to do it manually each day.

Very simples innit

Buy any radiator and then buy a plugin timer !!!!

The size and wattage of radiator you get/need will really depend on what sort of room your T's are kept in.
              IE. A small warm room will only need a small 1kw oil filled radiator whereas a larger and colder room would need a 3kw fan assisted radiator.
              I have my spider collection in an insulated outside shed and use a 2kw oil filled radiator (set at 76F) with a 12in oscillating fan on 24/7. In the winter months i have a 1kw oil filled radiator with the tamp set slightly lower (70F) than the larger 2kw, this so that when the temps drop and the main radiator starts to struggle to keep the temps up the small 1kw kicks in and help out. I've been using these for about 10-11 years with no problems.

Comment

I use a small oil filled radiator which is on a digital timer which is very flexible. The timer only cost a fiver.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I shopped around online and have decided to go for this one.

It's a tad pricey, but it looks good.

Jamie
                  My Collection:

Comment

Very posh! Makes my £30 Wickes special feel inadequate

Comment

Working...
                    X