Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hapalopus sp. Columbian Pumpkin Patch

Hi

Am thinking of getting 1 of these but can't find any info. I have researched the net and found that they can be extremely fast however there are different opinions on temperament. I have read that they are very deffensive and also that they are docile!? Very confusing!!!!! Any help and info that could be provide would be much appreciated.

David

I bought two juvs at the last BTS show, one moulted into a MM recently and one I sexed as a female which I still have but rarely see.
    Extremely fast ? Compared to a Chile rose yes they are, Otherwise no they are not particulary fast at all.
    Defensive or aggressive ? Neither.
    I think that they are a non aggressive and shy/secretive spider that runs and hides whenever they are disturbed

Comment

How big do they get Peter? Ive been looking at these but again not a lot of info I'm strapped for room so looking more into the dwarf species so far have 3 C ritae

Very pretty species Been looking at Hapalopus triseriatus (Lowland) very similar but yellow and believe difference in size too but again not a lot of info found and some quite contradicting

Comment

At the moment my female is about 2.5 to 2.75 inches LS. The male when he matured had a LS of around 2.75 inches.
        I have been told that the females get to around 3 inches, possibly slightly larger (3.5 in ?)

Photo of MM

Comment

Lovely pic there Peter yeah I've read they can get up to 4" but thought that bit big for a dwarf species though it's sp pumpkin patch large so guess I'm wrong lol

Stunning species may seriously consider acquiring these

Thanks again Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter. Lovely photo. Think I'll go ahead and get one. Good to hear yours are doing well. Will post with any info / problems.

Thanks again
            David

Comment

Well, I have the new addition. Had to re think It's enclosure though as it is tiny. Settling in well and I am so excited about watching it grow. A 2mm hole would resemble the Mersey tunnel to this one. Lol

Comment

So how have they been the last few months? I just bought one this morning

Comment

Originally posted by david clarke View Post
                  Well, I have the new addition. Had to re think It's enclosure though as it is tiny. Settling in well and I am so excited about watching it grow. A 2mm hole would resemble the Mersey tunnel to this one. Lol
                  I kept this species for a time and encountered just the same issue - one doesn't realise just how small they are until they arrive!

Mine was quite secretive, kicked hairs a fair bit, and burrowed even more.

That's a great picture by the way, Peter.

Comment

Working...
                  X