Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poecilotheria Rufilata

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a little of advice and pull on your expertise. I have several pokies and keep them all in a similar manner regarding temperature (70-80 degrees) and humidity (70%). My question is - should I be keeping my Rufilata at a cooler temperature (for example normal room temp) due to the fact that in the wild they are found in colder regions. I would like to add I'm not currently experiencing problems with my Rufilata (about 3-4 inch leg span) - it has recently moulted and eats on a weekly basis.

Thanks for your help

Originally posted by M Fulton View Post
    should I be keeping my Rufilata at a cooler temperature (for example normal room temp) due to the fact that in the wild they are found in colder regions.
    I'm having an educated guess here
    As your rufilata are probably several generations (or more) away from the wild, I would think that keeping them at room temperature will be Ok. The drop to the cooler montane temperatures would only be necessary if you wanted to condition it for breeding. I have had rufilata in the past and raised them to adults at room temperatures without any problems.

If you read THIS and THIS . . . both articles are about montane pokies (one partly about rufilata) which may help you deciding how to keep your rufilata

Comment

Thanks very much Peter

Comment

Hello, i keep my rufilata at 20°c night and 24°c day on winter, and 23°c night and 26-27°c night on summer.

I have breeding my female on may 2011, and with this breeding one eggsac on august 2011, and a second eggsac on 14 march 2012. I think she like my keeping conditions!

Comment

Working...
        X