a. avicularia, moulted,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a. avicularia, moulted,

Hi, ive had a, a. avicularia, pink toe for three weeks now, and its shed its body on the 13th of this month, hasnt eaten anything yet, should i be concerned . ?
    thanks, Mark

They take a while for the fangs to harden! a week shouldnt be anything to worry about

Comment

After a moult many T's will not eat for a month or more but it sometimes will depend on the age of the spider. Slings will sometimes eat after 4-5 days whereas an adult may go for many months without eating. As long as it has fresh water, I would try feeding it again in about a weeks time. If it is an adult try again in 10 -14 days time

Comment

Thanks for that, I was getting a little worried, as its my first T. I went to get some baby crickets for my sons spiderling, a, G. Rosea, and came back with this beauty, at first mrs h was not happy, shes ok with it now, phew.

when it comes out il try to photo it, and post some here. Its about 2.5 inches now, absolutely fascinating to see, ive kept the old skin, its very fragile, as a leg fell off by my just collecting it from the tank, but its all there.

Comment

all ok now, its eaten a medium cricket, had a big drink, gone back up into web in corner....

Comment

Working...
          X