Slowly getting there :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly getting there :-)

Its taken a while to get everything together after I made this post >>> CLICKY <<<

I've been waiting for a while after getting some custom arboreal tanks made for some reasonable sized cork tubes to come available, and today they did

The tanks are 10 in x 12in x 18in (L x W x H )
    There are 4 x 65mm air vents, one on either side just above substrate level and two in the ceiling.

I knocked up the rack in an afternoon, ready for the rest of the tanks.

After I got the cork tubes today, I cut them roughly to size just to get them from underfoot as i dont have much space.

I'll cut them about a bit more to tidy them up and to get the angles that i want before I add the substrate.

The next thing to do is to make some backgrounds for the tanks.
    I have the polystyrene, mastic and dried coir already to go, the only lacking is spare time to do it but i dont suppose that I'll have occupants for all 10 tanks all at once so i'll just have to do the backgrounds one at a time.
    Last edited by Peter Roach; 23-04-12, 01:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

they very nice love the set up

Comment

Nice work. Are the front's hinged bottom or sides? How are you latching the door shut? I'm guessing acrylic hinges + hasp & staples?

Comment

Nope, simple up and down sliding glass fronts. No need for any locks or pins as the method of securing it shut as well as the weight of the glass is all that is needed.

Comment

Ahh! Makes sense, my squiffy rubbish eyes couldn't make out that they were sliding! Seems far easier and less expensive than clarting on with fittings/fastners for the same end result.

Comment

those cork tubes look rather good, i ordered cork tubes and got slabs lol flippin no good at all
            Last edited by Aragorn Davies; 27-04-12, 01:59 AM. Reason: was a silly question after all

Comment

Working...
            X