Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

27th BTS Exhibition 2012: Not long now.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27th BTS Exhibition 2012: Not long now.........

Hi everyone, the big one is fast approaching. The 27th British Tarantula Society Exhibitionis on Sunday 20th May 2012at The Coseley School and LeisureCentre, Henne Drive, Coseley, WV14 9JW.
    This year it is bigger than ever.We are completely sold out on table space. We have 50 of the World’s biggestand best exhibitors. This year we welcome exhibitors from Germany, France,Holland, Hungary and of course the UK. I will be posting up a complete list of exhibitors nearer the time.
    It opens to the public at 11.00 am. BTS members receive a25% discount on the normal £4.00 entrance fee on production of their membership card. If you haven’t renewed now is the time to do it as we will be able to process and get them out to you up until 5thMay. If you have lost your card then you must e-mail me with a request for a new one by 5th May.
    The Chairman of the BTS, Andrew Smith will be giving a FREE lecture entitled “Searching For Tarantulas in Cambodia” See
    the new Journal 27 No 3 (out soon) for details of his trip. It really is a cracking lecture and well worth attending. Don’t forget that the usual BTS Competition will take place so why not enteryour favourite tarantula. You must be a paid up member of the BTS to enter.

Competition Details here: (We need more Artwork. Especially from the kids)

http://www.thebts.co.uk/Competition.htm

Some Rules and Regulations ( we have to have them!)

http://www.thebts.co.uk/rules.htm

Show poster here:

http://thebts.co.uk/forums/content.php?13-BTS-Exhibition

I shall post up directions, train and bus times when I get them.

There is something for everyone. So follow this thread and I will be posting up more info as the date approaches.
    Ray Hale
    Exhibition Organiser
    Yes
    84.00%
    No
    8.00%
    Maybe
    8.00%
    Last edited by Ray Hale; 24-04-12, 05:42 PM. Reason: cant spell?
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

cant wait been saving ages

Comment

One of the highlights of the year. Wouldn't miss it!

Comment

Hi everyone here are some travel details for the 27th BTS Exhibition. Dont forget to ask for someone to share a car with. You never know someone might be passing your street.

Getting to and from the BTS Exhibition.

Train times:
        Trains run from Birmingham New Street to Wolverhampton. They leave Birmingham New Street at half past the hour. Some trains runbetween these times but do not stop at Coseley so you will need to check. Returningtrains run from Coseley to Birmingham New Street at 3 minutes to the hour.
        http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

Bus Times: NationalExpress
        From Birmingham the126 service runs to Coseley (Ask for Roseville; Bank Street) at half hourlyintervals.

Taxi Numbers:
        If you arrive at Wolverhampton get a taxi from the station.(It should cost no more than £6 and is about ten minutes) Or try the following numbers
        01902 423456 Central Cabs
        01902 497677 Star
        01902 777777 Lucky 7
        01920 404042 Bilston Radio Cabs
        I will post up some hotels in the area soon.

Ray

[B]
        On

Comment

Woohooooo! Can't wait!!!
          David Attenborough:
          ‘It seems to me that the issue of conservation of the natural world is something that can unite humanity if people know enough about it. Persuade them to change the way in which they behave, to change the view that gross materialism and the search for material wealth is not the only thing in life.’

Comment

hi is there any seating i got out of 5 month in hospital at xmas and have had to learn to get about again geting stronger again but you never know lol

Comment

Hi Paul there is a seating area to the left of entry. We call it the "meet and eat" area.

[B]
              On

Comment

Cheers for that

Comment

I am really hoping for a juvenile Avicularia Avicularia for my wife. It will be her first T. I hope I can get one at the show, she has it's tank all set up and ready. Looking forward to it.
                  Last edited by RG Lewis; 26-04-12, 10:38 PM.

Comment

DIrections to the show

27thBTS exhibition

20th May 2012

TheCoseley School,Henne Drive, OffIvyhouse Lane, Coseley, West Midlands,

Opening: To public at11.00am- 4.30pm

Road Map
                    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...ed=0CAkQ_BIwAA

By Road: From theNorth.
                    From the North take the M6 and leave at Junction 10. Take the Black Country Route (A463). This is dual carriageway (watch those speed cameras!).
                    Stayon it (approximately 5 miles) until you arrive at a T junction with the A4123.Turn left heading for Dudley and go through one set of traffic lights. At the second set of lights (MacDonald’s) turn left. Henne Drive is then first left.

From the South (M6)
                    From the South take the M6 and exit at Junction 10 and use the above directions.

From the South West(M5)
                    From the South West take the M5 Junction 2. Take the A4123 (Wolverhampton).Continue towards Wolverhampton after approximately 5miles, look out for a MacDonald’s on your right. Turn right into Ivy house Laneand Henne Drive is on your left. Alternatively continue on the M5 joining the M6 and exit at Junction 10 M6 taking the A463

By Rail
                    The main Birmingham to Wolverhampton rail line runs parallel with the school and itis five minutes walk away from COSELEY STATION. Trains run every hour in both directions. Catch the train from Birmingham New Street. (Trains from Birmingham Airport stop at New Street).

By Taxi (fromWolverhampton Station)
                    A taxi from Wolverhampton should cost in the region £10. Ask for “Coseley, Birmingham New Road
                    As Angela pointed out you could even come by Canal Boat as the Birmingham Canal runs alongside the school.
                    You have no excuse not to come to the show now!!!

Last edited by Ray Hale; 27-04-12, 04:07 PM.

[B]
                    On

Comment

EVERYTHING YOU
                      ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE
                      BRITISH TARANTULA SOCIETY
                      ANNUAL EXHIBITION
                      (BUT were AFRAID TO ASK)
                      PART 1
                      By Ray and AngelaHale
                      At this time of year I receive a deluge of e-mails and calls from members regarding the BTS Exhibition. This year has been no exception and with a number of questions being posted on the Forum I have decided to post up a Frequently Asked Questions page on the site. Hopefullyt his should tell you everything you need to know. If I have missed anything please feel free to contact me. Please remember that unlike Halpoplema lividum,I do not bite!
                      Q. What is the BTS Exhibition?
                      A. The BTS Exhibition is an event like no other in the World. It is a chance for spider lovers every where to meet, buy, sell and generally talk about spiders with like-minded people. Last year we housed 30,000 tarantulas under one roof and had over 800 visitors tot he event. This year we are celebrating our 27th exhibition.
                      Q. When is the BTS Exhibition
                      ?
                      A. Sunday the 20th May.
                      Q. Where is the BTS Exhibition held?
                      A. The Coseley School, HenneDrive, Coseley, West Midlands
                      Q. How do I get there?
                      A. Directions are given on the BTSWebsite.
                      Q. Is there parking?

A. There is ample free parking onthe playing field of the school.
                      Q. Do I have to prebook tickets to visit the BTS Exhibition?
                      A. No. The Exhibition is open toeveryone. But be prepared to queue if you arrive early.
                      Q. Do I have to be a member to get in?
                      A. No, everyone is welcome but members get 25% off the entrance fee
                      Q. What time does it opent o visitors?
                      A. The exhibition opens to visitors at 11.00am and closes at 5.00pm.
                      Q. How much does it cost to get in?
                      A. The cost to get in is £4.00for adults, £3.00 for members and children. Entry for children under 3 years of age is free. Members pay £3.00 onproduction of their membership card. A parent or guardian must accompany children.
                      Q. Can I buy spiders at the BTS Exhibition?
                      A. Yes, there are over 50 exhibitors at the exhibition. All of which are experienced tarantula enthusiasts. They will be selling spiders but will be happy to give advice andhelp to the novice. The BTS does not allow the sale of animals to children.
                      Q. Can I sell spiders at the BTS Exhibition?

A. To sell spiders or to exhibityou MUST pre-book space. No one will be allowed to trade or exhibit at the event without my permission. This rule will be strictly applied.
                      Last edited by Ray Hale; 27-04-12, 04:27 PM.

[B]
                      On

Comment

Frequently asked questions PART 2
                        Q. Can I sell reptiles and amphibians at the BTS Exhibition?
                        A. Absolutely NOT. The BTSExhibition is and has always been for invertebrates only. We cannot allow the sale of vertebrates.
                        Q. I have heard about theBTS Spider Competitions. What is it all about?

A. You have the chance to win a fantastic trophy for displaying your spider at the exhibition. Each year wehave a number of categories in which you can enter your spider. Bring it along on the day and enter it.
                        The categories are:
                        Best Brachypelma species
                        Best new world terrestrial

Best new world arboreal

Best African
                        Best Asian terrestrial
                        Best Asian arboreal
                        Best scorpion
                        Best artwork (poorly supported in recent years. Lets see some decent entries this year)

Best photography
                        Best children’s artwork
                        Best committee entry
                        Full rules and regulations can be obtained by e-mailing me direct.
                        Q. Are there refreshments available and is there somewhere to sit?

A. There will be a catering van at the school and we have a seating area for “Meeting and Eating”

Q. Can I join the BTS at the exhibition?

A. Yes, we would love you to joint he BTS. Please visit the BTS Trade Stand and ask Angela for details.

Q. What else is there for me to see and do?

A. Lots. As well as thecompetitions we have a FREE lecture by one of the World’s leading arachnologists, Andrew Smith who will be telling us all about his Search for Tarantulas in Cambodia.There is a chance to meet other members and talk to the experts. We really are a friendly lot, so don’t be shy. (It is better to speak to Angela or myself late in the day, as we are always busy in the morning. Any other committee member will be more thanpleased to offer assistance.)
                        Q. I’m afraid of spiders.Will people be handling tarantulas at the BTS Exhibition?
                        A. No. The BTS has a strict non-handling policy at the Exhibition. Anyone seen handling tarantulas at the Exhibition will be confronted and removed if necessary. We are very aware that some visitors areafraid and we aim to educate, not scare.
                        Q. Why do you not organisetwo exhibitions a year?
                        A. It’s a thought but the BTSExhibition takes Angela and myself twelve months to organise. The exhibition is an established annual event and hosting two would detract from the idea. Visitors look forward to this event and two a year would probably kill us.
                        So there it is. I hope we have answered all of your concerns. If not then e-mail us at rayhale@thebts.co.uk or post it up onthe forum and we will try to help you out.Please visit the BTS Exhibition and enjoy the day.

Ray and Angela Hale
                        Last edited by Ray Hale; 27-04-12, 04:33 PM.

[B]
                        On

Comment

Hi everyone, just a quick request.

If anyone wishes to volunteer to give us a hand setting up on Saturday please drop me PM. We start setting up at 10.am and are finished by 1.00. Its basically carrying tables and putting them in th halls and putting signs around the site. Help is appreciatted but bear in mind the time we start. I would ask you to PM if you are up for it as I need to know whose coming. We are off site by 1.00pm.

Also

On the Saturday evening a gang of us ( 30 +) can be found in alocal hostelery making very merry. If any of you are in the area at a hotel why not come along and meet up with us. We get a lot of the European guys coming along and its a great chance to meeet some very intersting spider keepers ( and buy me drink....LOL).

PM me for the details of the pub.

Cheers
                          Ray

[B]
                          On

Comment

Hi everyone, shamelss advertising I know but what the heck. The BTS Exhibition is soo close and unusually I am quite calm. Normally I am running around trying to remember if I have forgotten anything. Hope not. Anyway dont forget this year we have three halls, a lecture from Andrew Smith on his Cambodian Expedition and a Spider Competition. Mantids, scorpions, spiders, snails and even crabs if you want them.

Ray

Forgot to say if anyone is down on Saturday evening there will be lots of spiderphiles and the like , French, German and even spider lovers from Kent (Invicta LOL) in The Elizabeth ( Birmingham New Rd..google it ) pub form about 7.00 onwards.. All welcome

[B]
                            On

Comment

I know this maybe a little late, but.......
                              If i was to join the BTS today via paypal, would i be classed as a member tomorrow and be able to enter at the earlier time

Comment

Working...
                              X