H Lividum competition prize From Jamie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H Lividum competition prize From Jamie

Had to put this little guy up as it was from the comp jamie started. I have to say it was brilliant to see, he had packed this little guy excellantly.

I would of had a photo up earlier but my camera packed up so used the excuse to get a new one so its a bit blurry.

And my god is he quick for a little-un

Thanks for looking

Kelly

(soory about the pink)

Glad he arrived safely Kelly! Yes he's a speedy little devil, packing him was fun!

Good luck!

Jamie
    My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Cooper View Post
      Glad he arrived safely Kelly! Yes he's a speedy little devil, packing him was fun!

Good luck!

Jamie
      Unpacking them was just as fun... They are quick!

Comment

Ha did you own the MM?
        He did catch me slightly off guard

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Battman View Post
          Ha did you own the MM?
          He did catch me slightly off guard
          No, But I loaned him and I have a very fat female hopefully about to drop for me

Comment

Good luck with her and hope she drops for you. I have a nice big AF but she is a bit mental and i don't think i'm brave enough to mess around with her too much apart from when desperately needed (also i've had her for about 5 years now and have never seen a shred of a moult so i have no clue when she molts)

Comment

Im my experience, despite their disposition, they are reletivly easy to breed. They become pretty docile when introduced to each other. That maybe just mine.
              “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Corless View Post
                Im my experience, despite their disposition, they are reletivly easy to breed. They become pretty docile when introduced to each other. That maybe just mine.
                I tend to judge my spiders temperament on an individual basis rather than the "norm" whatever that is? Both previous matings with my female were diferent as one was aggressive and the other was not so! You may try her again one day and she'll go ballistic...Just depends what moods she's in at the time and whether the male is suitable for mating. As for easy to breed? It's easy to mate them but not so easy sometimes to get a sac as I have found with my female.

Comment

Its interesting to know but she is unpredictable and i never know where she is in her molt cycle as i have never been able to find any. Obviously she has but they have been integrated in to her burrow

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen jordan View Post
                    As for easy to breed? It's easy to mate them but not so easy sometimes to get a sac as I have found with my female.
                    I have to agree with this.

I have 2 females that I have paired multiple times when I have managed to get my hands on a male. All the pairings were straightforward. Both are kept in identical conditions. One female has dropped a sac the last 2 years running, whereas my other female has never dropped. I think I am lucky to have such a receptive female.

Jamie
                    Last edited by Jamie Cooper; 06-05-12, 05:34 PM.
                    My Collection:

Comment

Well hopefully you'll have many more to come as your doing a really good job

Comment

I should of worded my post a little better. I was referring to the temperament of the species in regards to pairing than the actual act of breeding and getting a sac. As we all know H livs can be little terrors at times but in my experience they seem to act very calm when being paired up. That is what I meant.
                        “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Corless View Post
                          I should of worded my post a little better. I was referring to the temperament of the species in regards to pairing than the actual act of breeding and getting a sac. As we all know H livs can be little terrors at times but in my experience they seem to act very calm when being paired up. That is what I meant.
                          No need to have worded it any better, On each pairing it has been diferent in both timescale and temperament so there was no confusion from myself there! I will note this though on the more aggressive pairing the male was older and she did not produce a sac where as the second pairing was with a fresh male who had been actively making sperm webs and presently is huge so fingers crossed she will drop soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X