Tarantulas of the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantulas of the Philippines

What species of Tarantula come specifically from the Philippines and do you have any info and pictures to show

Just because i'm nice, i've found this for you. http://www.ptssociety.proboards.com/

and if you do a bit of clicking on HERE you might hit lucky LOL
    Last edited by Peter Roach; 09-05-12, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
      Just because i'm nice, i've found this for you. http://www.ptssociety.proboards.com/

and if you do a bit of clicking on HERE you might hit lucky LOL

Re: your original post he he oooooo you saucy bugger lol,, off course i have a few names on a list but i am sure its not extensive and by no means exhaustive what i am looking for is Ts specific to the Philippines as i have an alteria motive for asking.........i will be going there...and i thought it might be a good idea to ask and generate a extensive list with pictures and info...as i by no means know all the answers......one thing i have found with searching the internet is that while like in the second clicky you posted there is lots of info, but not a place where you can say, enter the country, and then get a drop down list of Family, subfamily, then genus specific to an area...i know its a lot to ask but god wouldn't it be good to have that as a resource.....ummmm say on a site like this winky winky...so when people like me and others go abroad on our travels i can have a look then go hmmm i think i might keep an eye out for this species or that take some picys and data and add it to the archive.......after its been vetted for use of course, and as i am planning to go, i have urrrrm done some looking but thought i would pop the question out and see what other put in....

Comment

My original post ? . . . . Whatever do you mean LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
          My original post ? . . . . Whatever do you mean LOL

mmmmmm i wonder... ok ok...lets take the pxxss out of me for asking a stupid question.. hmm be the last post i do on here...lol.....still Craig posted some useful info and search tips on this http://research.amnh.org/iz/spiders/...APHOSIDAE.html site...which helped lol,,,,p.s my T's are doing luuurvly cheers buddy

Comment

So most of the species seem to come from these subfamilies

Ornithoctoninae
            Cyriopagopus Dromeus
            Cyriopagopus Thorelli ?????

Selenocosmiinae
            Orphnaecus Pellitus
            Selenocosmia Peerboomi
            Selenocosmia Samarae
            Phlogiellus baeri
            Phlogiellus Insularis
            Phlogiellus Mutus