Long distance Transportation..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long distance Transportation..

Just curious, We often shipping tarantula from many country, anyone knows that the tarantula can survive in a transporting container for how long? without food but with wet tissue, does it possible for them to survive for a month or maybe longer? : )

There's many factors to consider here to get a full answer.
    In the winter months nobody that I know of considers posting if temperatures near freezing, but for short term people often use heatpacks which can last 72 hours plus. Most people post within the UK using RMSD which ensures next day delivery or 1st class which ensures 1-3 days.
    Parcels from Europe to UK can be anything from 10-4 days so it goes rather quiet during the winter months.
    I've heard of parcels being delivered form Singapore, Malaysia and the US to the UK, but this usually takes longer than quoted if done by private sellers or is express delivery for a bulk order.
    Personally I wouldnt want to think of anything in a container for a month. Not because its not possible for a tarantula to go without food for that long, but because if there was a casualty it might have a bearing on the other specimens within the same package.
    To my mind if it takes longer than 5 days it needs more serious consideration. However, I'd suggest contacting the big dealers to get more accurate information on how to package long distance, what service to use and what guidelines and laws need to be considered.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

We had a package from Germany go missing for 17 days, when it started snowing a few days after the parcel was supposed to arrive we feared the worst but when they did arrive they were all alive and well. I'm not saying that I'd be happy for Ts to be in the post for that period of time again but it shows just how resilient they can be.

Comment

Working...
      X