Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will females Mate with more than one male....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will females Mate with more than one male....

i have mated my female G.Rosea 5 times to the same male he hasn't been eaten yet and i have watched closely to see if it was a viable paring, which well, they looked viable at the time and given that my female is getting very fat it would seem like she is going in the right direction. is it possible that the female would in the wild mate with more than one mature male in one breeding season?

I can think of only one attempt by someone to mate his female a while after mating her with a different male , it didn't go well . From what I was told she went straight for him , not giving him a chance .

Comment

Originally posted by Aragorn Davies View Post
      i have mated my female G.Rosea 5 times to the same male he hasn't been eaten yet and i have watched closely to see if it was a viable paring, which well, they looked viable at the time and given that my female is getting very fat it would seem like she is going in the right direction. is it possible that the female would in the wild mate with more than one mature male in one breeding season?

Hi
      Not all males have it in them if you know what I mean. Yes they will mate with different males, but once they have succesfully mated, it does not often go well for the next male...

In captivity I would not risk it unless very fresh and loaded up male. If the female shows any rejection I would block with a piece of stiff card and not risk it again.

Cheers
      Mark

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

thanks guys, for the help

Comment

Working...
        X