Indian spider swarm AT&

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian spider swarm AT&

A hot topic at the moment is the "swarm" of spiders attacking people in Northern India. Sensationalist articles are to be found in the Daily Mail where both myself and Stuart Longhorn have given comment but it can also be found elsewhere. The most credible article is found in the Times of India and makes for an interesting read:
    Environment News: Swarms of spiders suddenly descended from nowhere and started biting the people around Sadiya town in Upper Assam leaving two people 'dead'.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Loops can the thread be edited to attacks people, or something more appropriate please

Comment

Here's a better link:

Comment

is it april fools day - lol.. yet another over reported spider related story.
        good reading though...

expect bollywood version of "Eight Legged Freaks" anyday soon... I smell a publicty stunt here lol.

Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Funny how these people (according to reports) all went to the local witch doctors who cut them open (probably with rusty razor blades) to "suck out the poison" and then left the wounds a few days to become infected (which was all the spiders fault, naturally) before going to their GPs. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of people had spiders land on them and were bitten when they swatted the poor creatures (well what self-respecting spider wouldn't) and by nightfall the whole village had been "attacked by killer house spiders". Yawn.
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
          X