leg problem with young Indian ornamental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg problem with young Indian ornamental

hi everyone just wondering if someone can shed some light on a problem i have. my wife bought me a young poecilotheria regalis as an early birthday present it goes without saying i am over the moon with it. it's only young about 2 inch leg span perhaps a little more. i fed it last night and used a magnifier glass to get a closer look and on closer inspection i noticed one of the legs is thinner than the others and one of the front legs looks like an electrical wire that's been stripped down to the copper wire after the plastic outer layer's been removed. the effected area is just under a quarter of the leg the rest of the leg is fine. i don't know if the t lost the legs at some point in the past and this is part of the recovery or if there's a serious problem. sorry i cant get a photo on here for you hopefully my description will be enough thank's.

I wouldn't worry to much unless you see other things going on. I suspect it will all resolve itself at the next molt, which with that species will not be too long off...
    They've got oour names! It's the pris'n hoose for us!

Comment

Possibly it has lost a leg previously and has regrown it. As Christian has said, it will probably be as normal after the next moult.

Comment

thanks christian and peter for the reassurance on the leg problem. other than that everything looks great thanks again for your help.

Comment

Yes, sounds like a regenerated leg to replace one that was lost. Give it 1 or 2 moults and you won't be able to tell the difference.

Comment

cheers for that nick much appreciated. and welcome to the forum thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X