Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poecilotheria metallica bleeding

hi all new to the forum,

however i need a bit of help my poecilotheria metallica molted on the 23/6/12 an i have accidently disturbed her by knocking the tank, she then bolted out her tube and bashed into the side of the tank resulting in two of her legs begging to bleed! I need help, im not sure if i can do anything but will she be ok?

cheers guys and sorry for this as a first post!

kyle

Originally posted by Kyle Reid View Post
    hi all new to the forum,

however i need a bit of help my poecilotheria metallica molted on the 23/6/12 an i have accidently disturbed her by knocking the tank, she then bolted out her tube and bashed into the side of the tank resulting in two of her legs begging to bleed! I need help, im not sure if i can do anything but will she be ok?

cheers guys and sorry for this as a first post!

kyle
    Kyle
    oh dear not good. Try stemming flow with cornstarch or unperfume talc. If the damage is slight this will do the trick. If they are heavily damaged then you may be best to pull the legs

They have a natural cut off valve at the base of the leg. Hopefully you wont have to resort to this.

Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

thankfully the bleeding subsided and she was out today using all legs! Extremly lucky a big dubia for her and a big dose of guilt for me!

Comment

Working...
      X