Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's this all about

Hello there,

I see that there is something on a website that may affect us as spider lovers. Please can you take a look and tell me what you think its about.

it's located near the top where it asks you to download a petition form.

basically animal rights extremist groups like PETA want pets banned and they are getting increasing public support.

"Liberating our language by eliminating the word 'pet' is the first step ... In an ideal society where all exploitation and oppression has been eliminated, it will be NJARA's policy to oppose the keeping of animals as 'pets.' -- New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance, "Should Dogs Be Kept As Pets? NO!" Good Dog! February 1991, p.20." (from rightwingnews.com).

Comment

I very much doubt they will get the support needed to ban pets...

Although saying that, with the government at the moment who knows?!

To be perfectly honest, they will need a miracle to have "pets" banned outright. On the otherhand, they could make it so that all pets need licensing.
      IMO Too many people keep dogs and cats, fish, guineapigs, hamsters etc to have it all banned. They've got more chance of winning world war 3 with a spud gun.... ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by James Campbell
        IMO Too many people keep dogs and cats, fish, guineapigs, hamsters etc to have it all banned. They've got more chance of winning world war 3 with a spud gun.... ROFL
        If they went for a blanket ban on all pets then I agree they wouldn't have much chance but if they use the "divide and conquer" ploy, then it could be possible. You know start with an animal that most people don't like, say spiders, then snakes, then rats and every time they get a species banned there are less pet owners to oppose them. I don't think we can afford to be complacent about these people.

Comment

I do agree with Marty we cant be complacent. The thought of them banning animals being kept as pets is ridiculous. There is no way they can possibly stop all animals being bred, sold and kept. I for one will never be told to give up my animals. Who will look after all the animals, euthanasia is cruel on healthy animals and completley out of the question!
          I do however think some pets should be licensed ie very large snakes and lizards etc or a cooling off period so they are not bought on impulse!

Comment

I am TOTALLY in favour of dogs being banned, in cities at least.
            I live in brighton where the streets are paved with turd.

Comment

Thats irresponsible owners not the dogs fault is it!
              The local council should enforce fines etc!

Comment

exactly, I think its irresponsible and selfish to own a dog if you live in a city.

Comment

Working...
                X