spiderling got mites!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiderling got mites!

i have L.nigerrium sling bout1 inch, but just check it under microscope and got a lot of mites around the chelichera and eyes. this make me sick worry about that., how to get rid the mites? that will effect the ts? i'm losing hope right now.
    thanks for any of help.

The mites we find on Ts are often mere hitch-hikers waiting for their next source of food. They can lay in this dormant state for a time but they're not keen on things getting too dry. So, we can either dry the enclosure out or provide some food. I usually do the latter, with a bit of very limp lettuce which attracts the mites and is removed. Try this a few times and you should rid yourself of the problem.
    Its only when we see an infestation that we consider it alarming.
    Of course there are over 14,000 kinds of mites so Im talking rather generally here and you havent mentioned how many you can see, whether they are elsewhere in your enclosure or elsewhere in your other enclosures.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

You might want to consider a colony of tropical woodlice and springtails to help combat this issue within your humid enclosures. These can be purchased at dartfrogs.co.uk and sometimes I have starter colonies too.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Working...
      X