The arachnophobe is back,with a T :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The arachnophobe is back,with a T :-)

Hi again. I introduced myself on here a couple of months back as I was thinking of getting a T to try and help with my spider phobia. Well due to someone kindly donating a young g.rosea and giving me loads of advice plus a very helpful chat with Angela Hale I am now the happy (slightly nervous) owner of a beautiful red phase g.rosea whom I've named Ruby.
    I've had her almost 2 months now and its been a very emotional experience at times. Just changing her water bowl was a masive thing for me to begin with,how I didn't spill the water everywhere with all the shaking I really do not know! She was in premoult when I got her and moulted a couple of weeks ago,I got to see the whole process,must be one of the most amazing things I've witnessed On the down side it meant I had to deal with her moult,I find moults far freakier than spiders for some strange reason...just glad I have some long feeding tongs for the snakes haha! Since then I have managed to pick the moult up and hold it in my hand which was a massive thing for me to do I also watched her feed for the first time last night,another fascinating sight.

Anyway I apologise for the overly excited newbie amazement,some pics of Ruby

When I first got her:

Being brave and moving her to a more secure tub:

Moulting:

How did that fit in there!:

Hi Mandy, I'm new here too and an arachnophob. I nearly got a G Rise, but getting a Bracy instead.

Lovely looking T you have there.

Comment

hi there mandy welcome to the forum. you've got yourself probably the best tarantula in the hobby to get you started and one of the easiest to start with. i have two g rosa's myself and swear by them there hardy have a good temperament and don't need any special requirements. someone once said to me if your comfortable in a t shirt where the t is kept then that temperature will be fine for a rosa. just change the water every 2 or 3 days and he/she will do great. anyway if you need any info or have a problem just ask and someone will be happy to help enjoy your eight legged friend i bet it wont be the last one lol.

Comment

Working...
      X