Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.violaceopes sexing question

I could do with some help on this one.
    My L.violaceopes has just molted and again i've gone through all of my books and print outs with regards to sexing T's and again no luck (well if luck be a lady she certainly wasnt in my area tonight) i have tried 3 times the Epiandrous Fusillae Method with great difficulty, the main reason being trying to undo the Opisthosoma from the Exuvium and then I remembered that Singapore Blue's are noticably different in colour as adults (if my memory on what I've read is correct), so here is the question - based on everyone experience with this T, at what size roughly is Sexual Dimorphism (I believe thats the term) noticable?
    The size of my L.violaceopes is 10cm leg span measured from the molt so will be a bit bigger now, thanks in advance for your replies
    My wise P.regalis once said to me
    "I never met a Pokie I didn't like"

Originally posted by Paul Davies View Post
    I remembered that Singapore Blue's are noticably different in colour as adults (if my memory on what I've read is correct), so here is the question - based on everyone experience with this T, at what size roughly is Sexual Dimorphism (I believe thats the term) noticable?
    Male Lampropelma violaceopes turn Olive green after the ultimate moult, as far as I know that is it. When are juvies they are both the same colour.

LINK ONE and LINK TWO

Comment

Thanks for those links Peter they were quite intresting, and the Asian Arboreals one is gold as it has info on the Borneo Black aswell, cant believe i havnt come across this site before, thanks again
      My wise P.regalis once said to me
      "I never met a Pokie I didn't like"

Comment

Working...
      X