Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brachypelma smithi lost both pedipalps. (Would love some advice).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brachypelma smithi lost both pedipalps. (Would love some advice).

I had a mexican redknee and after a molt he lost both palps, I think this was due to the humidity being too low(not sure, that's why I'm posting this thread) therefore he was unable to lift and strike his prey, I was wondering if there was anything I could have done to bring him to his next molt. One thing that was very interesting was the fact he spun a semen sack over a little hollow then inserted himself inside it upside-down, I think this was him trying his hardest to carry on his genes. Could I have saved him?

Sounds like your spider is a mature male. Was he mature before the moult and producing sperm webs?

Originally posted by michael connachan View Post
    I had a mexican redknee and after a molt he lost both palps, I think this was due to the humidity being too low(not sure, that's why I'm posting this thread) therefore he was unable to lift and strike his prey, I was wondering if there was anything I could have done to bring him to his next molt. One thing that was very interesting was the fact he spun a semen sack over a little hollow then inserted himself inside it upside-down, I think this was him trying his hardest to carry on his genes. Could I have saved him?

Comment

Yes he was about 4yrs old.

I would like to know though if I could have helped him feed at all.

Comment

Do you still have the skin? was he mature before he moulted?

As long has he has water he should be OK he should still be able to feed

Can you email me about this please

angelarachnid@gmail.com

Cheers

Ray

Comment

Working...
        X