Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of my tarantula?

Hi,

I've been wondering what the age is of my sub-adult Mexican Red Knee Tarantula. The sellers of the tarantula don't know her exact age, but thought to be four or five years old. She has a legspan of three inches and had moulted a month and a bit ago. I wish I had pics to show you, but I don't have a digital camera. But I can get a webcam pic of her skin the next time she moults.

Thanks,

~Chris

Hard to say for sure as growth rate depends a lot on amount of feeding and/or tempertaure that the spider was previously kept at.
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

I second what Guy said but at 3 inch leg span she is just a juvinile not a sub adult imo.

Still got a long way to go yet

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

yeah, she is just a juvenile technically, but I thought she was younger than four or five. How much bigger will she get and how long do you think she'll get there?

Comment

She will make 6" give or take an inch how long it will take her to get there is anyones guess too many vairiables to consider. But she will prob make most of her full size in the next few years . Smithi are not the fastest growing T's but they are quite long lived
          Ian M

Brachypelma.co.uk updated 22/06/06

Comment

Working...
          X