Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. Geniculata not feeding post moult.

Hi all,
    my sub adult A. Geniculata had what appeared to be a very successful moult 2 weeks ago. Like most of this species he has always eaten 'like a horse' but has refused all offerings since. Although he is approx 7" this does not appear to be his ultimate moult. Any other A.Geniculata keepers have any experience of this problem? I am fearing a mouthparts / fang problem with the moult but can't see anything obvious.

Thsnks all

Originally posted by Robert Lawrie View Post
    Hi all,
    my sub adult A. Geniculata had what appeared to be a very successful moult 2 weeks ago. Like most of this species he has always eaten 'like a horse' but has refused all offerings since. Although he is approx 7" this does not appear to be his ultimate moult. Any other A.Geniculata keepers have any experience of this problem? I am fearing a mouthparts / fang problem with the moult but can't see anything obvious.

Thsnks all

What problem ?

The older and larger a tarantula gets, generally the longer they take before eating again after a moult. Start to think about worrying in 3-4 months time.

I only feed my genic slings once a month (sometimes every 5-6 weeks), so a 2 week fast for an adult is like you missing a single pea from your Sunday roast.

Make sure he has fresh water and try him with some food in about a month . . . . or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
      What problem ?

The older and larger a tarantula gets, generally the longer they take before eating again after a moult. Start to think about worrying in 3-4 months time.

I only feed my genic slings once a month (sometimes every 5-6 weeks), so a 2 week fast for an adult is like you missing a single pea from your Sunday roast.

Make sure he has fresh water and try him with some food in about a month . . . . or two.
      Thanks very much, I had a feeling that may be the case but it`s great to hear it from someone else.

Comment

Working...
      X