Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Poecilotheria specie is this female?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poecilotheria

regalis

Comment

POKIE

Hi Dirk,
      I agree with Paul. that is definately Regalis, nice spider!!!!
      Mary Walters
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

I don't agree...

The underside of the abdomen isnt right, nor the markings on the abdomen.

Possibly P.fasciata or P.striata. Regalis have a white band on the underside of their abdomen, so it's not that....

Comment

Originally posted by James Campbell
          Possibly P.fasciata or P.striata. Regalis have a white band on the underside of their abdomen, so it's not that....
          What like this pic James?

It might not be the whitest of white but maybe it is late in the moulting cycle or something like this.

Comment

I did notice that Chris, although it's no where NEAR as white as mine.

My adult male's has NEVER been that dark, so it brought me to think that there was either a different SP with the band, or maybe a *Cough* hybrid?

Comment

Originally posted by James Campbell
              I did notice that Chris, although it's no where NEAR as white as mine.

My adult male's has NEVER been that dark, so it brought me to think that there was either a different SP with the band, or maybe a *Cough* hybrid?
              Ah well thats different then if its not as white as your male then it must either be a different sp or even a hybrid.

Comment

My first thought was regalis.
                And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Hi
                  My guess would be P.striata, they do have a slight abdominal band, less prominent than P.regalis. P.striata band fawn / light brown, regalis band cream.
                  two ventral pics of my sub adult P.striata.

next pic below is an adult P.regalis ventral view showing the cream ventral abdominal band.

regards
                  phil
                  www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

Yes I agree with Phil, there is a possibility that it's P. striata.

There is sufficient doubt not to use this specimen for breeding.

Cheers,
                    Richard

Comment

Hi,

now it will be difficult for me to write this in an understandable english (sorry for the mistakes )

At first my question to Phil. Is the band of your striata(s) "around the whole" abdomen on the belower side or is between the both lungs no band (I can`t perceive it on the pictures, I have a very old screen )?

This female was offer me than P. striata. The person who sold the female said, for a few years an english (in his opinion Ray Gabriel, but he isn`t sure) and an german taxonom designate the females than P. striata (they saw pictures too). I bought the female and saw the pale abdominal band. For a few weeks I try to get more informations about P.striata and P. sp.. Some I could already get.

It is right that P. regalis have a more light band than this female. But can/must have a striata a abdominal band even it is pale/slight? I always read in the describtions of P. striata that this specie don`t/must not have a abdominal band. Can this specie have the band if the band is pale and slight? And who say/said this?

Dirk

Comment

P.S.

the female moulted about six weeks ago.

Comment

i have a P.Striata ad female, it has no pale band..........??????????????? do they all have a pale band??????????
                          Barry.

i am not wierd, only genius.

Comment

the three specimens i have kept have all exhibited the abdominal band, i thought it a trait in the species, I guess not, angelarachnid, speak up and enlighten us.....................................
                            regards
                            phil
                            www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

My guess would be P.striata, they do have a slight abdominal band, less prominent than P.regalis. P.striata band fawn / light brown, regalis band cream.
                              Ner, ner ner ner nerrr! @ Chris lol

After seeing the pics of Phils striata, i'd agree with Phil and Richard. Aswel as hearing that it moulted just 6 weeks ago, it would not be that dark....

Comment

Working...
                              X