Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird ( or out of character ) behaviour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird ( or out of character ) behaviour.

Hello everyone.I would just like to ask a question.Can anyone tell me why my G Pulchripes ( now 6cm ) has suddenly decided to cling to the top corner of her tank,which is furthest away from her heat source,and near her water dish?Humidity is always maintained around 65 in the tank.Also,my B Smithy sling (1cm) was always happy around his little hide ( Although has never gone in there ) at the heat source end of his little container,but has now,for the last 3 days,decided to stay at the opposite end of his container,away from heat source.Am I doing something wrong?Any help is,as always,much appreciated.Thank you.Kind regards.Paul.

The only thing wrong that I can think of is that you have a hear source.
    Can i ask . . . . Why ?
    Unless you live in a particularly cold house that is constantly below 20-21C ( 68-70F) a heat source isnt necessary.

Comment

Hello Peter.Thank you for your reply.And this is actually something that's been bugging me.The only reason I have used a heat mat is because when I purchased my GP sling at 1cm,the shop advised that I should have a heat mat under around 1-2cm of the end of the tub,otherwise my sling would die.I have carried this advice through with my BS sling.Can I simply take the heat mat away,as I was also told that Ts need a hot spot,and a cold spot ??? Cheers Peter.Kind regards.Paul.

Comment

I really need to know if what I'm doing is safe for my Babies !!?? Please reply asap.

Comment

I also was informed of needing a heat mat but i was told never to put it underneith the tank. But i have learnt over the last few years that unless it gets really cold during the winter, they really do not need an extra heat source. I would personally take away the heat, keep the water dish full and make sure the substrate is not too wet. When all done just sit back and watch. She could just be investigating. My girl has quirky moments like these. I know its difficult but don't worry she knows what she is doing. If your worried about her falling raise the substrate.

Comment

Thank you Kelly.I'll ditch the heat mat.I ALWAYS have a constant supply of filtered water for them,so,it's all good.

Comment

Out of interest Kelly,what Ts do you have?

Comment

I was told, if you 're comfortable in a t-shirt in the house, the temp is about right for the T.

I've got two Brachy's, a G. Rosea, an Avic, an L. Parayabana and a GBB. None of them have a heat mat and all of them are fine.

Comment

Oh now i have to think

Multiples of
                  G Pulchripes
                  P Cambridgei
                  P Irminia
                  P chordatus
                  C Marshalli
                  N Chromatus
                  L Parahybana
                  P regalis
                  H Maculata
                  G mollicoma
                  T apophysis
                  GBB (can't spell scientific name yet)
                  C Faciatum
                  A Seemanni
                  B smithi
                  B boehmei
                  B Albiceps
                  B albopilosum
                  T cupreus
                  A Abberrans
                  N carapoenesis (spelling?)
                  P murinus
                  P muticus
                  E campestratus
                  Aphonopelma sp "new river"
                  G pulchra.
                  Thats all i can think of for now there could be a couple i have missed and all ranging from slings to adults. Again all are kept at room temp even in the winter as we live in quite a warm house.

Comment

Cheers for that Phil.Kelly...erm...I wasn't expecting that many !! LOL ! Thank you.

Comment

Thank you however compaired to some of the collections on here, its nothing. but i love them all the same (apart from my G pulchripes who was my first T, she is very special)

Comment

Yeah....My G.P was my first.I absolutely adore her/him...Only got in May this year at around 5cm...Now getting nice and big! My B Smithi sling moulted last night,and seems good.Funny to see such a tiny skin left !! I don't think I want any more,as I get worried enough about the 2 I have...Absolutely LOVE 'em !! I don't know how anyone copes with more than a couple...Or might my mind change soon ? LOL !

Comment

Working...
                        X