No announcement yet.

sling feeding ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the best idea of the lot Cathrine I think I will invest in a one asap as although the spoon works there are to many chances of ecsape'es. I just hope I dont lose to many transfering them to the oil thing.

Comment

feeding slings

Hi Ray,
      Haven't you known me long enough now, what is it? 18-19 years, to know that I would'nt use bug killer on my roses, the greenfly are too useful, haha.
      Mary
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Originally posted by sarah.s
        Thats the best idea of the lot Cathrine I think I will invest in a one asap as although the spoon works there are to many chances of ecsape'es. I just hope I dont lose to many transfering them to the oil thing.
        Thanks, glad i could help

I got my oil bottle from one of the many pound shops round here. To get then in there I i have a plasic 2l soft drink bottle cut in half. I hold this like a funnel over the glass bottle mouth. I just pick the egg crates that the crickets are hiding in and tap them into the soft drink bottle, they fall down straight into the glass bottle, put the spout on, and your ready to go!

Comment

transfer your prey item from box to bottle/funnel/roll of paper in the bath.

Catherine, pound shops are a great source of spider accessories!
          My local poundland had a load of small kricket keeper type vivs which are ideal to put prey in when their tubs get stinky.

6 quid for for a KKeeper in the petshops, what a rip!

Comment

Originally posted by rgfx
            transfer your prey item from box to bottle/funnel/roll of paper in the bath.

Catherine, pound shops are a great source of spider accessories!
            My local poundland had a load of small kricket keeper type vivs which are ideal to put prey in when their tubs get stinky.

6 quid for for a KKeeper in the petshops, what a rip!
            I also found some of those too, I went back every day and kept buying them until they had none left! They are great for keeping my juveniles in. They've not had any more in since. I also use the spagetthi jars for my juvenile arboreals Pound shops are great

Comment

I kept going back as well! I wish I'd bought loads of the blue ones at once, cos when I went back they only had the yellow ones left.
              Didn't see any spaghetti jars though, Had to get those large jars of manky chopped veg for my arboreal sling homes. (needless to say the veg got flushed down the toilet!)
              Hope they get some more vivs in soon, ifya see any more bargains let me know, and I'll be down there like a shot. I LOVE POUNDLAND!
              cheers, matt.

Comment

Working...
              X