Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia avicularia

Hello,
    Maybe just a variation but a penny for your thoughts. At a recent reptile show we came across some unusual looking Avics being sold as common pink toes.
    Fuzzy grey hair on the legs, not as black in overall coloration as most pinktoes and the carapace was a blue/green color. As close as I could come was Avic Avic complex, Trinidad Island.
    Sorry about the pics they don't do them justice.
    TIA

Looks like a normal A avic to me there colors can variy slightly. Maybe Brendan or Ray could comment on this topic better than me

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

That looks just like the one I have. It was labelled as A. metallica but I have my doubts.

The spider just recently went through a moult. As well as being much larger, the carapace is now a beautiful mettalic green.

Comment

Could it be the Avic metallica green ? I only have a sling and havent had an adult ......

Comment

It would be interesting to see who was the supply company who imported them. I bought an "Avic avic" female from a pet shop. When i came to breed her, the male i received was totally different. The male was bred by a reputable person, so trusted them more than the import compny, they tend not to know anything, just label wild caught stuff as the species the know. Turns out she's an Avic metallica green form.
          Ray might be able to help, he's good with avics.

Comment

Good guess. We found cb indentical matches. Avic metallica.

Comment

there are colour variations of A met Ray G has a nice big Green female

Howevre there are also alot of hybrids in the pet trade from avics which also confuses things

Comment

Cute fuzzy spiders. Do Pink Toes jump all over the place?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirunus
                  Cute fuzzy spiders. Do Pink Toes jump all over the place?
                  yes they can jump.

Also do you not think your signature pic is a little big

Comment

Meh, I suppose I'll have to upload the pic to photobucket or something. Just in case you're wondering, they are badly translated captions from Star Wars Episode III. They were so hilarious I nearly bursted into tears. I just won't attach to posts that aren't very long.

Off topic... sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X