Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avicularia Versicolor avoidable high sling death rate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter.Thank you very VERY much for the photos and info.They are,as ever,greatly appreciated.You inspired me to take some pics of my own avic,but I suppose this is the wrong place to add photos.Interestingly,my a versicolor was doing exactly as you said,and clinging to almost the lid!However,and i don't normally like to disturb my Ts,but when i gently removed the lid,she just moved up a little,and then very casually moved back down a little when persuaded gently by my finger.Really nice docile T.Also,and I know I'm babbling on,but,my M Balfouri moulted today,and I know you mentioned about them being very shy,however,this particular specimen has proven to enjoy being out in the open,as have all 5 of them ( LOL all 5 of them !!! ),which is great,but I imagined this would mean that it would be extremely defensive,which it hasn't been.Even when I removed the moult,it was very easy going.I'm chuffed ! Ray,thank you for your valuable info.Again,greatly appreciated.I am hoping to take a trip up to the BTS expo and meet some of you.Oh,and just a quick question.I have 3 slings due this week.A Lasiodora parahybana,another B Smithi,and a Chromatopelma Cyanpubescens.Is it best to keep the Chromatopelma Cyanpubescens as you would an arboreal,even though it is a terrestrial T? Thank you once again.Kind regards.Paul ( weewelshyboy ).

Comment

Oh...Also Peter.What is the best way to dry out wood etc to ensure no harm to Ts?Thank you ONCE AGAIN !

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Welsh View Post
        .Is it best to keep the Chromatopelma Cyanpubescens as you would an arboreal,even though it is a terrestrial T?
        Many websites and caresheets say that they are semi arboreal but there are videos on youtube in their natural habitat that show otherwise.
        I have found that slings seem to be arboreal but as they get bigger they get more and more terrestrial until they are adults. If you are unsure, just provide a decent depth of substrate and a piece of bark at an angle then it has a choice. . . . >>> READ THIS <<<

Originally posted by Paul Welsh View Post
        What is the best way to dry out wood etc to ensure no harm to Ts ?
        I dry my bark out by the extremely complicated way of dumping it in the corner of the shed and checking it when I need it.
        The only reason I dry the bark is because the glue doesnt stick to damp bark when i make the arboreal hides, if I'm using it in single pieces then I just give it a good going over with a stiff brush and then stick it in the tank.

The last bark haul (need to get some more soon)

Comment

Blimey Peter !! Some of your spiders must be MASSIVE !! LOL ! Seriously though,thanks again for the advice.I'm off for a walk in the woods.I'll let you know how I get on via photos.Cheers! Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
            The last bark haul (need to get some more soon)
            Nice.
            Do you collect this from the groud and fallen trees, or do you somehow peel it of growing trees?
            http://www.facebook.com/marko.sajovic

Comment

I peeled the bark from dead trees. Some were fallen trees laying on the ground and others were from dead trees but still upright

Comment

Working...
              X