Keeping slings in vivarium.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping slings in vivarium.

Hello everyone.Are multiple slings safe in seperate containers in a thermostatically controlled vivarium,providing they're all happy existing at the same temp?Thank you in advance.

Can't see that being a problem, as long as they are in their own containers and can't get out...it should be fine.

Comment

That's what I thought,Phil.Just thought I'd ask.I've got a 3" G.Pulchripes,a 2cm G.Pulchra,a 1.5cm B.Smithi,a 1cm M.Balfouri,and a 1.5cm A.Versi which all live under the same temps.Just wanted to make sure.The viv will be thermostatically controlled,with a 15W heat strip along the back of the viv,on the inside of the viv.

Comment

i have a t room but ive just bought 4 vivs so i can keep some in my living room. i am keeping ts that like it on the dry side i cant see any humidity doing the chip boad any good

Comment

Hello Paul.The viv is brand new,I'm building it tomorrow,and i shall be silicone sealing it,so no worries.Cheers |!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Welsh View Post
            Hello everyone.Are multiple slings safe in seperate containers in a thermostatically controlled vivarium,providing they're all happy existing at the same temp?Thank you in advance.
            Some of us on this side of the pond call them "Constant Environment Cases" or "Constant Environment Chambers." In the biological sciences the chambers or at least the underlying philosophy are used to isolate some living organism from the surrounding, ambient environment in an effort to remove confounding influences such as temperature variations, variations in day length, and fluctuating relative humidity. It's a tried and true tool.

I've been urging people who have valid temperature concerns (not just the "I want to give my tarantula the best care possible" sort of trivial argument) to use them. The commercial ones are beastly expensive, but the motivated enthusiast has been known to subvert non-functional refrigerators, wine safes, deep freezes, Styrofoam picnic coolers, or even just wooden boxes to the cause. I stand absolutely amazed at what some people can do with just a little bit of ingenuity and some oddments in their shop or basement.

Enjoy your little 8-legged Rube Goldberg!
            The Tarantula Whisperer!
            Stan Schultz
            Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
            Private messaging is turned OFF!
            Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Thank you Stan.Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X