Got a pair of Chilean Rose Tarantula's to breed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a pair of Chilean Rose Tarantula's to breed

Hi folks, I've kept a couple of different spiders over the last several years (just single specimens) but decided to try a pair of Chilean Rose.

I've read up on breeding but have a couple of questions.

I have only just received them and was going to let them settle and feed them before doing anything else.

Will my adult male already have sperm stored or should I wait until he makes a sperm web and is there anything I can do to help things along?

Should I let the female molt before introducing the male?

Thanks
    John

Originally posted by JohnDAgnew View Post
    I have only just received them and was going to let them settle and feed them before doing anything else.
    I would leave them for at least a month

Will my adult male already have sperm stored or should I wait until he makes a sperm web
    It is unknown if the male has stored sperm and there is no way to tell, so wait until he has made a sperm web.

is there anything I can do to help things along?
    There is absolutely nothing you can do and there is everything you can do to mess things up

Should I let the female molt before introducing the male?
    You could wait up to 2 years for her to moult as it will depend on when she moulted last.

You do realise that Chile roses come from the SOUTHERN hemisphere and we are in the NORTHERN hemisphere and so the seasons are reversed and I dont suppose that you have thought of seasonal and temperatures cycles ?

Comment

Working...
    X