gutted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gutted

hi all just thought i would check on one of my haplopelma lividums that i haven,t seen for a while and found it dead in the corner of it,s burrow. the last time i saw it he/she had lost a leg there was no bleeding and i did read somewhere that the loss of a limb wasn't the end of the world as it would grow back after a few molts. i don't think i did anything wrong as for the well being of the spider, there was always clean water at all times and fed 1 or 2 crickets a week the tank was sprayed well twice a week and the temp was around 70 to 75 sometimes a fraction higher nice deep substrate the usual requirements for a colbalt blue. I'm just so gutted and in a way feel guilty in case something wasn't quite right .

im sorry for the loss..by the way, how large is your h. lividum?

Comment

hi there kay. the one i lost wasn't massive if anything i think it might have been a young male as it had long slender legs and small abdomen but was still blue that's what makes me think it was a young male and mature males are more brown in color perhaps he didn't get the chance to reach his maturing molt. the one i have left is a young female. i managed to retrieve the molt and was able to sex her from that and she is starting to get a bit chunky now. thanks for your reply kay and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hi Vincent, sorry that your spider didnt make it. Sometimes these things happen. I have had a number die for no apparent reason over the years. Sometimes you can check a spider one day and find it dead the next. Dont fret too much or blame yourself. Its just nature.

Hope this helps

Cheers
        Ray
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

hi ray thanks for your kind words. i just couldn't believe it everything was perfect i mean the conditions i was keeping it in. my other colbalt seems to be doing really well i just hope this don't happen to often thanks again for your reply ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post
            Hi Vincent, sorry that your spider didnt make it. Sometimes these things happen. I have had a number die for no apparent reason over the years. Sometimes you can check a spider one day and find it dead the next. Dont fret too much or blame yourself. Its just nature.
            Good advice, Ray. It's still upsetting when it happens though.

Comment

I've recently lost my first T, but have now purchased my all time favourite T.... an indian ornamental it's a juvenile, 1 1/2" span so there's plenty of growing to do. I was really narked about losing my T but life goes on. It's not a good thing to go through, but look forwards and move on and don't blame yourself at all.

Comment

cheers damian sorry to hear you also lost a spider. i also managed to get an Indian ornamental a couple of months ago mine had a 2 inch leg span aprox when i got it. he/she molted after a couple of weeks and the size of it after was unbelievable. i have read they are fast growers and well the proof was certainly in the pudding as they say. and i got myself another haplopelma lividum yesterday a lovely big female all smiles again . good luck with your new spider damian

Comment

Working...
                X