Tong Feeding your Tarantula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tong Feeding your Tarantula

I was just wondering how many of you Tarantula keepers offer food to your Tarantula with tongs, and let the Tarantula take the food from the tongs? Or are you like me, and just drop the food into the Viv and let the Tarantual do the work.

I have often wondered which method would be the best, as both methods of feeding have their pro's and con's. I would say place the food in the Viv and let the Tarantual do the work but I am interested in what other keepers do and what they think are best.

Regard's

Craig

Re: Tong Feeding your Tarantula

I do both. My Lasa P loves to grab the food and the tongs, hanging on to both of them...scared me to death first time she did it, lol.

But of late, I just drop food in, if it's there the next day, take it out.

Comment

I usually drop it in for terrestrials but tong feed my Avics. The juvenile tends to jump onto the tongs whilst getting the food and I then place it, and it's dinner, onto the cork bark. It seems to work well for us both

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Efthimiou View Post
        I usually drop it in for terrestrials but tong feed my Avics. The juvenile tends to jump onto the tongs whilst getting the food and I then place it, and it's dinner, onto the cork bark. It seems to work well for us both
        Ditto

My Avic slings are the only ones that are tweezer fed, just cos they are so dopey.

Comment

Working...
        X