More help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More help needed

Sorry to ask again but i have just bought a 2ins mexican red leg tarantula and have had loads of different advice .could someone please tell me the best way to keep it happy cant believe all the different advice ive had thankyou

Hi, Keeping your B,smithi couldn't be easier,
    Dry substrata, small water bowl, some form of hide,ie;-piece of cork bark/half coconut shell/half flower pot, will do fine at room temps,(unless you live in the Arctic)..

Comment

Re: More help needed

Originally posted by martin hudson View Post
      Hi, Keeping your B,smithi couldn't be easier,
      Dry substrata, small water bowl, some form of hide,ie;-piece of cork bark/half coconut shell/half flower pot, will do fine at room temps,(unless you live in the Arctic)..
      This! I've got one and its happy as Larry in a set up just like this...I've added some plastic leaves, but that's more for me, to make the enclosure look nice.

They don't need a lot of room, but you don't want it in a massive tank. If it's only about 2 inches, a tank about 10 x 8 of will be fine for it. It doesn't need to be tall either, they need for space.

Oh and a cricket (or similar) once every two weeks or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Lilley View Post

They don't need a lot of room, but you don't want it in a massive tank. If it's only about 2 inches, a tank about 10 x 8 of will be fine for it.
        Methinks you spoil your spiders LOL
        In my shed a 2 inch smithi gets a 4 inch tub and likes it.

This is about as elaborate as i get for any juvenile or adult.

B boehmei's

B smithi's

Comment

Re: More help needed

Haha, I keep Ts and want the enclosures to look nice and impressive.

The pics you have are great and they do the job, I'll suggest you're more of a collector than me, I'm more of a casual hobbyists.

Comment

great thanks just get fed up with all the different advice i keep getting .THANKS

Comment

Thanks for the advice was much needed

Comment

Haha, I keep Ts and want the enclosures to look nice and impressive.

So do I !!!

When this lot of arboreals gets to a size so that i can sex them

I can pick out females that i like and put them in these

Which is why i had them made (forward thinking its called LOL )

I'll suggest you're more of a collector than me, I'm more of a casual hobbyists.
                so am I !!! I've only got about 550-ish . . . i think

Comment

OCD much Peter? All neat and lined up, even the gaps between the glass tanks look like they're measured to the exact milimetre!

Comment

wow. lots of ts. what genus are those?

Comment

Working...
                    X