Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb luck and good luck in one day

Lol,

I ordered this book on Tarantulas and their care (one a bit more up to date than the stuff I already have, as it was written back in 1994, which, I may add, calls Grammostola Rosea Grammostola Cala, and says their temperemant is unreliable LOL), and I ordered this book from Amazon.co.uk. They said I'll have to wait a week. So I knew Livefood would probably beat them to it, so I ordered from them and I was going to cancel the order with Amazon. But now Amazon say the book has already dispatched! Lol! So I made an order with Livefood I have to cancel straight away! I guess that's what I get for being impatient.

And I went to Pet Paradise in St Nicholas Market in Bristol, and bought my T some Browns. And I got this huge plastic container from my Grandad I can put them in. But I already got a Kricket Keeper, So I decided to use it as a transport or emergency Terrarium for my T. The guy running the pet store mentioned it's a good idea to handle my Mexican Redknee often, but not too often, so they get used to you and not be so shy or hair flicky. I dunno. I don't want to stress little Cora out, I let her touch my hand with her front feet, was a remarkable experience, but then she just turned away and walked off. If only I could pet her, but I don't know what the consequences might be.

Never listen to what they tell you in a pet shop they just tell you anything to prevent complaints etc, etc

A tarantula will never get used to you handeling it. they cannot be tamed.

you should handle your spider as little as you can not as much as, as that will stress the spider out.

I only handle or desturm my spiders only if it is really nessesary.

Teh more you handle the spider the greater the greater the chance of you being bitten and even the T's that are considered docile can still bite if they get anoyed enough

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

I'd never physically pick my T up. I'd let her walk over my hand (she dosen't care if it's there if I don't make too much didruption, or else she just runs away). And maybe I'll gently stroke her, too. She let a locust bully her. She just ignored it and it was tormenting her so I had to remove it before it did any damage. She seemed reluctant to hurt it, when before she saw every thing even just slightly smaller than her as lunch. Now she runs away. Eh. I think locusts will only be fed to her as treats when she's older from now on. I only got those locusts because the company sent me them instead of crickets. Too bad T's aren't like cats and you can't pet them or stroke them, but I suppose they aren't that kind of pet. I can't have any furry mammal as a pet, because my sister and my mother are allergic. (I believe the male sometimes strokes the female T when he courts with her while he does his thing with his tibial spurs, dosen't he?).

Comment

Originally posted by Sirunus
        I'd never physically pick my T up. I'd let her walk over my hand (she dosen't care if it's there if I don't make too much didruption, or else she just runs away). And maybe I'll gently stroke her, too. She let a locust bully her. She just ignored it and it was tormenting her so I had to remove it before it did any damage. She seemed reluctant to hurt it, when before she saw every thing even just slightly smaller than her as lunch. Now she runs away. Eh. I think locusts will only be fed to her as treats when she's older from now on. I only got those locusts because the company sent me them instead of crickets. Too bad T's aren't like cats and you can't pet them or stroke them, but I suppose they aren't that kind of pet. I can't have any furry mammal as a pet, because my sister and my mother are allergic. (I believe the male sometimes strokes the female T when he courts with her while he does his thing with his tibial spurs, dosen't he?).

Picking her up will probably botehr her alot more that what you think. Alot of the docile species will tolorate it but they don't like it

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Bad luck with the book, but if you have two copies why not post it for sale on our bulletin board...its better to get something from it than nothing.

Also I agree with G on handling. There is no need to handle and they dont get used to you. Its your spider though and you know your own limitations.

Pet shops often give poor advice due to their lack of knowledge. I dont think its deliberate but it is annoying.

Ray
          British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
          The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
          On
          [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Working...
          X