OBT Re Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBT Re Housing

On the 24/11/12 I rehoused my Orange Baboon Tarantula from a crita Keeper to a 12x12x12 Exo Terra Viv. What an experience it was, during the move my OBT was extremely defensive she was nearly lying on her back trying to lunge forward at my tongs. I then seen her rubbing her Chelicera together from which I could hear a noise. It was like a really faint rusltle at first I thought I was hearing things as I was not aware that the OBT had this characteristic. has anyone else experienced this?

Sounds like a usual OBT moving experience.
    Thats what makes moving an OBT so easy . . . . they are SO predictable

Comment

I wouldn't say the OBT is so easy but I am asuming that your joking but your right its a good experience and it certanly keeps you on your guard. I have heard of the Australian Species rubbing there Chelicera togther to create this rustling noise but wasn't aware of the OBT doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Toon View Post
        I wouldn't say the OBT is so easy but I am asuming that your joking .
        Nope, I'm not joking at all.
        Adult and large juvie OBT's are extremely easy to move because you know what they are going to do.

As for the stridulation, read >>> Defensive hissing display of African baboon spiders <<< and >>> here <<< under behaviour.

Comment

Working...
        X