Cricket Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Crisis

My family keeps on waking me up in the middle of the morning to deal with escaped crickets. Hopefully they have all been caught. They threaten to throw the crickets out if there are anymore escapees. I moved them to the downstairs cupbaord because they complained of their constant chirping. No I have to move them into the garage. I have no idea how the crickets gain their freedom, but I notice it was when I last cleaned them out. Maybe I should switch to feeding Cora locusts instead? I don't want to make her suffer just because my family dosen't like crickets.

Thanks,

~Chris

You are suffering. Get yourself a large plastic Pet Pal tank with a secure lid.

Empty the crickets in to it with some egg carton.

You dont need to clean them out. They wont be able to escape from a large tank.

Hope this helps

Ray Hale
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Yup, and if you're squeamish of touching them and like the tubes you get in the cricket keepers, put the cricket keeper into a larger box - that way, any escapees you get from the cricket keeper while putting in water or food etc. will be contained within the larger box.

Oh, and you probably do this anyway, but make sure that when decanting them into the cricket keeper/box you do so in the bath with the bathroom door shut - keeps them nicely contained and catchable!
      If you lend someone £20 and never see them again, it was probably £20 well spent...

http://pagan_writes.tripod.com/goblinqueenscritters/

Comment

Guess I was lucky with my crickets, when moving them into the cricket keeper (on the patio) none of them escaped, some made it to the floor but just stayed still so I could scoop them up again

Comment

Thanks everyone. The crickets are now in a huge plastic container that's so big it probably won't even need ventilation holes. Makes the cricket keeper kinda useless. Maybe I'll switch to locusts as the main food for Cora and put them in the cricket keeper; I hear they are more nutritious and I don't need like fifty of them since I've only got one mouth to feed. Now, where am I going to put this huge plastic box?

Comment

Working...
          X