New to the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum

Just saying Hi. New to the forum and pretty new to the hobby just have the one T which is a female B.Smithi got her in mid November.

Hi and welcome to the forum
    A great starter T, and one that many of us have as a favourite.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Re: New to the Forum

Hello and welcome to the forum and the hobby.

As Peter says, great first T.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Now I'm just wondering how long you will last . . . . . . . . . with just one

What is your next spider going to be, cos no one stops at just one !!

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
          Welcome to the forum.

Now I'm just wondering how long you will last . . . . . . . . . with just one

What is your next spider going to be, cos no one stops at just one !!
          So true. I said only one and I ended up with my second within a month. Got a wish list for YIS in March too
          0.1.0 Brachypelma smithi (annitha?)
          0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens

Comment

Best advice I remember getting my 'one and ONLY' T...

Ts are like Pringles...you can't have just one!

(I'm now on my 10th)

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Lilley View Post
              Best advice I remember getting my 'one and ONLY' T...

Ts are like Pringles...you can't have just one!

(I'm now on my 10th)
              10? The enablers in the hobby aren't doing their job properly.

Comment

I'm looking at getting another but it was hard enough to talk my Mrs around to letting me get one let alone another. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by David Lewis View Post
                  I'm looking at getting another but it was hard enough to talk my Mrs around to letting me get one let alone another. Lol
                  Welcome to the Forum!

I had this problem once... My Mrs hated the idea of me having any and wouldn't even look at them for a few days. Within a few weeks she loved them and had given them all names! I have around 70 now!

Jamie
                  My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by David Lewis View Post
                    I am using the 'its easier to buy food for many than for just one' logic, although it lost its weight when I found a shop that will let me buy live food individually .
                    0.1.0 Brachypelma smithi (annitha?)
                    0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens

Comment

my mrs was not happy when i walked in with my 1st T back in July but i just got more then 1 day i came home with a psalmopoeus irminia and she loves her she says it's her T lol i now have 35 and can't stop lol

Comment

Yeah no I've had my B.Smithi since about 15th November and she still hates it but I have managed to talk her around to coming to the south east arachnid show with me and maybe I'll talk her round to getting another when we're there.

Comment

David Welcome

I like you and many other people I thought one Tarantula would be enough and like you my wife was not impressed when I brought the first one home, now i just wait for her to go to work and order them on line . I purchased One T last year and now have 21 which is a small collection compared to some collections. However the hobbie and facination has grabed me by the balls and started to take over my home. I have now brought a log Cabin to move my collection from the house in to a heated room. so tell the misses she has got it all to come but enjoy the hobbie it amazing

Regards

Craig Toon

Comment

All wives must be on the same level. I told my misses that I wanted one, to get over my fear of spiders, 'Good idea!' she agreed.

After the fourth one, she said, 'NO MORE!'.

If I go for the 11th, let's just say...it would cost me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Lilley View Post
                              All wives must be on the same level. I told my misses that I wanted one, to get over my fear of spiders, 'Good idea!' she agreed.

After the fourth one, she said, 'NO MORE!'.

If I go for the 11th, let's just say...it would cost me!!!
                              I said that after my first bts expo..
                              26 later lol.. I blame Colin Wilson for saying one is never enough lol

Comment

Working...
                              X