what usb digital microscope ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what usb digital microscope ?

so im thinking about getting a usb digital microscope i would like to spend tops of £100

are there any that you could recommend i want to use it to view my T molts

Thanks Rob

Hi Rob,

It depends what you want to do with it I guess. If you want to take photographs you will need a decent quality one. If you just want to sex them then a cheap one will do as you do not need a high magnification. You do not even need one with a light source as the bulbs Or illuminaters are usually underneath the object table (or stage) and the light does not really penetrate the thick molt. I do have an all singing All dancing microscope because of my job, but find a small torch to shine onto the molt from above is much better. As a matter of fact you can get good plastic magnifying glasses with integrated light source that are cheap and will probably do the trick

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

i would like a decent quality one so that if i want to take pics i can it is more for sexing but would be good to take pics thanks ralfkonen

Comment

Originally posted by Rob williams View Post
        so im thinking about getting a usb digital microscope i would like to spend tops of £100

are there any that you could recommend i want to use it to view my T molts

Thanks Rob
        You don't need to spend anything like that much. I bought one a while back for £30. Fantastic value for money!

My Collection:

Comment

looks gd thanks jamie

Comment

Mine has 3 different light settings and can take photos. Here are a few pics I took last year. Your looking at a Haplopelma lividum EWL, 48 hours before moulting into a 1st Instar Spiderling. The first 2 pics are at 20x magnification and the 3rd pic was taken even closer, but I can't remember what magnification setting I had it on.

My Collection:

Comment

nice looks quality m8

Comment

Working...
              X