Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do T retailers know what sex spiderlings are ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do T retailers know what sex spiderlings are ?

Hello.Just wanted to ask whether or not,with digital technology it is possible to guess/know the sex of a spiderling? Apparently you most certainly can have a rough idea using a digital microscope/endoscope.

Not sure but I wouldnt fancy going through a few thousand L.parahybana slings

Comment

I have noticed TSS only sex their sub-adult and adult specimens, juveniles and younger they don't seem to bother and say they can only make a guess. I have, however, got a sexed GBB juvenile from martin goss at the beginning January so it depends on the seller.
      0.1.0 Brachypelma smithi (annitha?)
      0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens

Comment

Interesting Arron.Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Welsh View Post
          Hello.Just wanted to ask whether or not,with digital technology it is possible to guess/know the sex of a spiderling? Apparently you most certainly can have a rough idea using a digital microscope/endoscope.
          It's always possible to guess and never possible to know. Who ever told you could is is incorrect. There is no 100% reliable way to tell the sex of an immature tarantula without examining the inside of a moult for sexual organs. Here is a good guide for learning how to do it: http://thebts.co.uk/forums/showthrea...ing-tarantulas
          Even then, with spiderlings this is still difficult/impossible as the sexual organs can take several moults to start developing.
          www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thank you for your replies.Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X