Tarantula rearranging the furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantula rearranging the furniture

My tarantula is rearranging the furniture, ripping out all the moss and tossing them all over the place, made a mess of a water bowl I only just cleaned, making strings of silk, and digging a bigger entrance to her cave. Good to see she's made herself at home. During the day, she climbs on the cork bark and sits next to the heat mat all day long. At night she goes into her cave. When there's a cricket, she falls back to her cave and wait to punce on it at the entrance. She's a revanous little thing, eating adult, black field crickets, fat gut loaded ones who have an even bigger home than her. By the way, she's slightly bigger than I thought. Her legspan is 9-10cm. Her last molt was in late May. When do you think her next molt will be? She's not been kicking hairs, but a slight bald patch is coming, and it gets bigger and bigger as the weeks go by.

Thanks in advance!

~Chris

There is no telling when she is going to moult.

Teh bald patch doesn't mean she is going to moult that is just where she has kicked off haris due to being startled

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Hi
      If your redknee moulted this May 2005 I would expect at 9-10 cms span that the next moult would be 6-9 months later. However, it is often the case with young tarantulas that when introduce to a new enclosure which has ample supply of food and water, that this may speed up a moult, especially if the previous conditions have not been favorable.

Tarantulas that are in pre moult will go off their food, yours sounds like its eating well so I suspect that it’s just happy and hungry.

As for re arranging its tank, well it’s often the case that what looks wonderful and esthetically pleasing to us! Won’t be to the tarantula and they will make it there home by moving stuff around. Don't worry about this as its sound like it’s a very happy bunny!

Regards
      Mark

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
      X