Thin g.rosea. Shoud I worry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
    Now that you have the moult it will be easy to check if she is actually a female. >>> LINK to sexing <<<
    Hi, how difficult is it to do? I don't want to end up destroying the moult in my inexperience as I've promised it to my young nephew

Originally posted by Tim Gibbons View Post
    Showing nice colour as well. Excellent news.
    Thankyou, yep I love the fresh colours

Originally posted by Stanley A. Schultz View Post
    As soon as you can, we need photos of the tarantula from the front and sides (as opposed to from the top). It looks suspiciously like a male to me.
    I can't see any tibial spurs and the pedipalps don't look bulbous to me, but I'll pop some pics up as I'm no expert.

Enjoy your little 8-legged surprise package!
    Thankyou, I thoroughly intend too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy James View Post
      Hi, how difficult is it to do? I don't want to end up destroying the moult in my inexperience as I've promised it to my young nephew
      It's not difficult. Just take the moult in a lockable box between wet cotton pads and let it around 10-15 mins to soften. Than you can carefully fold it out with 2 toothpicks or something else without destroying the moult.

Comment

I've just taken a look at the moult and it looks like Marjorie is indeed a female. Will post a pic in case I've been a dizzy muppet and looked at the instructions wrong. Can't stop smiling at the mo, I never thought I'd even be able to have a tarantula in the same house as me a couple of years ago, and now not only have I got 3 but I've managed to do this with a moult. It sounds sad, but for me its a major step Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130199.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	94407

Comment

Yeah, thats absolutely a female. Congrats!

Comment

Good job, she's a beaut!

Comment

Thankyou. I'm chuffed to bits

Comment

I have an update on this girl and its not a good one I came home yesterday to find her on her back lifeless. There's no signs of ruptures and nothings broken although there was a lot of earth in her water bowl and a furrow in the earth around her enclosure almost as if she'd dragged herself round. I put her in ICU although I wasn't sure if she was alive and on moving her, her legs just dangled lifelessly. I've just checked on her and it looks like she's dead I'm absolutely gutted.

Comment

She was on her back....she's not so elderly and her last moult was 20 days ago. It can be just a moulting, it was a big mistake that you had distrupted her! I think.
                  How is she now?

Comment

She was an adult and it was 2 weeks after she moulted that I found her like this. There was a weird trough in the earth that went round the enclosure. All very odd :-\

Comment

I get it, but have no idea why it happend to her. Sorry for your loss! :/

Comment

Working...
                      X