Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantula not eating

Help!

My tarantula has not been eating for almost a week. I put the crickets in and she just ignores them. She's never done that before. And crickets prove themselves hard to recapture because they keep on hiding.

What's wrong here? A cricket also lost its leg inside the terrarium and I can't find it. I'm a little worried.... I hope I didn't stress her out trying to get them because I had to move the cork bark slightly to get the cricket out. Crickets are irritating.

Thanks in advance!

~Chris

It's either full, or premoult.

My 2" chile rose would stop eating for up to 40days before a moult, where-as my P.Fasciata at 5" gave it only 10 days to moult

Stop offering it food for a week, then try it on a single cricket and see how it goes.
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Your spider works on a feast/famine basis. It will eat as much as it can until it can't eat anymore. Don't panic, leave it for a week or two, offer food and then remove it if it's not eaten after 24 hours. If the food isn't eaten then just watch and wait.

If you see your spider climbing the walls looking for something, or just sitting in the open then perhaps she's up for a meal, otherwise leave her alone .

Repeat until she moults, then begin again.
      show me all of it, then i'll decide

Comment

Thanks guys, I think that my tarantula is just too fat. Ever since I had her, her abdomen had inflated like a balloon and is so heavy she sometimes has trouble climbing up glass.

Comment

Working...
        X