Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

I have and adult Female P.Rufilata which has had a bad molt. the legs are all free the fangs are free and all look ok, the areas which were stuck and i have manged to remove are the Carpace, and the top and the venteral side of the abdomen. the Bit which is stuck, is around the spinnerets. I have removed her from her exo terra viv into a clean cricket tub which his now lined with damp kitchen towl and placed her in a dark area of my T room.

I have tried to remove the the remainder of the abdomen which is stuck around the spinnerets but i dont want to pull to hard just in case i cause more damage. should i wait unitl her skin has hardend and then try to remove

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig, I have had this happen to me before. There isnt a lot you can do. You seem to have it under control. Often the spider will over a short period remove the skin herself. I know it looks unpleasant but let her harden off and regain her strength and she might well shake it off by herself. Whatever happens let us know

Ray
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

I wouldnt be too concerned tbh. The important bits are free so she will be fine

Comment

Hi all thanks for the advice, however I am still a little concerned as the top and the ventral side of the abdomen is all clumped up around the spinnerets and is trailing behind her. I think I will wait foe the skin to harden before attempting anymore. but what I am concerned about is will the T still be able to pass excrement with all this clumped up behind her also it dose not look right and it feels cruel

Comment

If the worst comes to the worst she will drop her spinneretes to lose the shed.

Comment

Working...
          X