Psalmopeus Cambridgei Breeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psalmopeus Cambridgei Breeding

Hi all, I want to ask something, this is the first time I want to breed Psalmopeus cambridgei, I have read some report and I wonder is my cage already good for mating and laying sac? I saw that a psalmopeus cambridgei laying sac in a cork bark in one report. If I don't use cork bark but use wood inside, can it still lay the eggs just fine? Or should I use cork bark or bamboo too for it to lay sac? if yes, how many centimeter should it be? is 6 cm diameter enough? the cambridgei is 12 cm leg span. Thanks all

Click image for larger version

Name:	uncrop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	96462

I use 10 cm substrate of cocopeat and peatmoss and trichorhina tomentosa to eat fungus and mold. many wood and plants inside.

Name:	100_2715edit.jpg
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	96464

I use back ground I made myself with water dish and plant pot so hopefully the tarantula can climb more easily. (This pic is before I add the wood and plants)

Name:	100_2716.jpg
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	96463
    Top view

I use fabricated lid to close the terrarium. (Didn't take any photo of the lid)
    my spiders gallery in deviant art: http://teru-shinju.deviantart.com/

Re: Psalmopeus Cambridgei Breeding

Search breeding report's

Comment

P. cambridgei are fairly easy to breed and they double clutch.
      However, for the tarantula to lay a sac it needs to feel confident that its not on full display of predators etc which is why most people will suggest a tube or an area where your tarantula can escape the light and prying eyes. Its likely she'll web over the wooden sticks but I'd certainly make some changes to provide a better hide.
      The hide will also provide a great place for her to retreat, which is a whole lot better than her making an escape!
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

ooh okay than. Thank you for the explanation =D
        my spiders gallery in deviant art: http://teru-shinju.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
        X