Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie - little bit of advise or reassurance needed please

Originally posted by Don Meek View Post
    The forum seems to be strewn with them LOL... as a newbie I found it a bit off putting to post anything.. oops I mentioned "newbie" ..... wait for it .... eeek !
    Welcome to the addiction

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
      Erre yes there was a need.
      Stan needs to be informed that we do not need to be bombarded with the SAME over the top post every time someone new to the hobby asks a question.
      All that is needed is a link to his or any other website where the information can be found or if that is too much to ask how about just answering the question.
      1) Already done! But thanks for the heads-up anyway. Just remember that now you're going to be repeatedly assaulted by the same URL instead.

2) But, you've missed the point! For the newbie it's the maiden voyage! Their FIRST time! First impressions are the most lasting. We want happy campers on this forum, and successful tarantula keepers. I want the newbie to start out with a system that is as bulletproof as possible. How many times have you seen a beginner lose a tarantula, become completely disenchanted, and disappear from the face of the Earth? We've lost them, and they've lost a terrific opportunity to learn about one of the more interesting creatures on the planet. If that means being mildly assaulted by the same message over and over again, maybe it's a small price to pay.

Just a few thoughts.

3) Also, remember there's always the <Del> key.

Douglas Adams was wrong, by the way. The masters of the universe aren't white mice. They're large, fuzzy spiders!
      The Tarantula Whisperer!
      Stan Schultz
      Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
      Private messaging is turned OFF!
      Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Working...
      X