Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Purifiers. Anyone use one?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting a decent air purifier for my T room. I keep the door and window permanently closed to keep the heat in so there is very little air movement in the room. I used a cheapish one for a little while, but it was a real chore cleaning it and no matter how much time I spent cleaning it, I could never get all the crap off it. In the end it started to smell so I chucked it out.

The one I'm thinking of buying is;

Any thoughts? Any information or advice is much appreciated.

Jamie
    My Collection:

I have a 12 inch oscillating fan on 24/7 to distribute the heat evenly around the room and for air movement.
    This particular fan has been on 24/7 for approx 3 years (bought from B&Q), the previous fan (unknown make from 2nd hand shop) was permanently on for 7 years before it finally broke down and had to be replaced. !!!
    My shed is locked down tight during the colder months to conserve heat, in the warmer months the door is left open during the day if the temp in the shed rise above 28F. There is a 8 inch extractor fan wired through a house thermostat set to come on if the temps rise above 27F.

I think keep it simple as then there are few problems and when there are, its simple to fix them.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Roach View Post
      I have a 12 inch oscillating fan on 24/7 to distribute the heat evenly around the room and for air movement.
      This particular fan has been on 24/7 for approx 3 years (bought from B&Q), the previous fan (unknown make from 2nd hand shop) was permanently on for 7 years before it finally broke down and had to be replaced. !!!
      My shed is locked down tight during the colder months to conserve heat, in the warmer months the door is left open during the day if the temp in the shed rise above 28F. There is a 8 inch extractor fan wired through a house thermostat set to come on if the temps rise above 27F.

I think keep it simple as then there are few problems and when there are, its simple to fix them.
      Very interesting, thanks for the input Pete. I am tempted to just getting a fan for the room and keep it simple like you say.

I'm a little concerned about the possible negative effects from using the Ionising purifiers. I did a quick search on several forums and there seemed to be a lot of talk about them doing more harm than good, but that dates back almost 10 years now. I can't seem to find any related threads that are up to date.

Jamie
      My Collection:

Comment

Working...
      X