Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclosternum fascatum

Hi all,

Has anyone had much luck breeding these? I see the females are apparently quite cannibalistic. I have a MM but would like to have it in the reference collection, so currently deciding if worth pursuing breeding at high risk of losing the specimen.

What are these being called at the moment anyway? Davus fasciatus? Davus pentalore? Cyclosternum?

I bred them last year, the initial parings attempts were tricky with both male & female running off in other directions (as you're probably aware they can be quite fast). A couple of times the female seemed to chase the male away although I finally had a couple of successful pairings. I personally found the female to be more receptive to the male after midnight, I had noticed her tapping one night so decided to give it a go and it went well. As far as I'm aware these are still getting referred to as Cyclosternum fasciatum although that is probably the wrong species name, I believe Ray Gabriel may be working on a paper to do with them.

Comment

Cheers for the info Chris - hmmmmm.

I suppose it boils down to if anyone needs him as well. I don't really want more spiderlings but I am a fan of encouraging CB.

Comment

Working...
      X