No wonder why my T isn't eating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No wonder why my T isn't eating...

She's getting ready for a moult. The bald spot on her abdomen has turned to a dark blueish colour. Her last moult was in late May this year, and her legspan is about 7-8cm (she got a little fat so I misjudged her size). She has been eating three or four adult crickets a week, then suddenly just stopped eating, for a good three weeks now. It's likely I'm going to miss all the action, because she will most certainly just barricade herself inside her cave. Wonder how big she'll get? Hope she'll be okay, but she's young and was well fed.

Thanks!

~Chris

what spider is it

Comment

My B.Smithi, Cora, a half-grown female juvenile between four and five years old. I've read that tarantulas normally do eat loads when they first move in. Her abdomen was a bit shriveled up at first but now has inflated like a balloon, and I've caught her drinking two or three times. She likes to sit next to the heat pad during the day but I switch it off at night, so she normally goes back into her cave, or stay sat on the cork bark (she has to climb a tiny bit to get up there).

Comment

Working...
      X