Phlogius sp 'Goliath' mating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phlogius sp 'Goliath' mating

Phlogius sp 'Goliath' from Australia. Three separate matings with multiple inserts on all three over a period of 40 minutes

After the 3rd session the male followed the female back down the borrow and I though that was it for him.
    I put the females tank in a large plastic container so that if the male did a runner all he would be able to do is get away from her but not be able to escape onto the floor. I returned after 5 hours and he was alive and well, outside of the females tank but inside the large plastic container. He is back in his tub getting ready for the next session next week (sooner if I see a new sperm web)

Wow good luck

Comment

Great pictures Peter.and glad to see the wording on the post won't upset any of the young children in the society.Hope you get success with these

Comment

Good effort! Great pics! I had one of these a while ago but he didn't make it as a sling
        If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.

Comment

brilliant, and good photos.

Comment

Good work Peter and great shots. Hope it is sucessful.

Ray
            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
            On
            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

I have two, a recently matured male who is ridiculously small (4.5") I had heard it is an evolutionary thing... he was well fed and the prey was gut-loaded.. The other is certanly female and 4.5"-5" but much bulkier.. When would be a good time to introduce them, the size she is now, or in a moults time?

Great shots, this is a sp. we must see established.. There will be no more Aussie imports, I have spoken with Steve Nunn... This due to the expense of getting a license to send, with little returns.

I recently received a Selenotypus plumipes in the post which was DOA, it is a species I may never be able to own now.
              Last edited by Ryan White; 30-06-13, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan White View Post
                I have two, a recently matured male who is ridiculously small (4.5") I had heard it is an evolutionary thing... he was well fed and the prey was gut-loaded.. The other is certanly female and 4.5"-5" but much bulkier.. When would be a good time to introduce them, the size she is now, or in a moults time?
                Luckily the female moulted about a week before I got the male, I waited another week before putting them together.

From the little that I know the female will be able to breed at that size . . .I would go for it if the female has moulted within the last 3-4 months. If not I would cool the male down and try and force a moult from the female.

Comment

Unfortunately the male has died, he didn't eat when he matured (a few months ago) and my first death of unknown causes in years.. so i'm not sure what happened, I'm after another male now if you have one you would like to sell or go 50 50 on.

This is a sp. I really don't want to see disappear from the UK hobby.

Comment

BRILLIANT pics Peter.Nice one.Very best of luck.

Comment

good luck, Peter!
                      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                      X