acanthoscurria geniculata and water dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acanthoscurria geniculata and water dish

hi all. could someone please explain why my acanthoscurria geniculata hangs over her water dish all the time. ive had her from a sling she's now 3 years old and has about a 6 inch plus leg span. for some reason she seem to be hovering over her water dish quite a lot lately don't know why though. she eats very well and is not dehydrated or under weight. she is due for a molt soon as its been about 14 months since her last molt although it might be longer than that can anyone shed some light on this for me thanks.

She wants or needs more humidity, either overflow the waterbowl more than usual or just tip a mug of water in a corner.
    When many T's are due for a moult they will sometimes seek out a place that has a higher humidity than normal to help them through a delicate process.

Comment

ok cheers pete. i do let the water dish overflow then let it dry out then repeat the procedure. like you say she must need more so i'll do what you have suggested and hopefully this will help her out thanks for the help pete.

Comment

Working...
      X