caterpillers in with crickets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caterpillers in with crickets.

Hi guys i have noticed little black furry looking caterpillar type creatures in with the crickets.
    does any one no what they are .

They are dermestid beetle larvae that eat the dead crickets at the livefood breeders

Comment

Thanks ,so just ignore them.
      where do you get your live food from and do you use crickets.

Comment

I havent used crickets in years, 'orrible nasty smelly things I breed cockroaches for my T's

Comment

AHA you don't like crickets then.
          Don't cockroaches smell and what if they got out wont they infest the house.

Comment

Originally posted by David Dunmall View Post
            AHA you don't like crickets then.
            Definitely NOT !

Don't cockroaches smell
            Some species have a slight smell but it is much much less than crickets and best of all they are SILENT

and what if they got out wont they infest the house.
            This will depend on the species and also how careful you are.

Comment

What species do you keep !

Comment

I have 2 colonies of red runners AKA turkistan roaches AKA Shelfordella tartara AKA Blatta lateralis AKA the best feeder roach available IMHO

Many people rave about Dubia roaches (Blaptica dubia) I have tried them but most of my spiders didnt eat them but all will eat the red runners. The main thing that i have against dubia is they will instantly burrow into the substrate but red runners dont and all they do is run, run and run some more.

Comment

Yes all red runners do is run, it's annoying some time. Wow yours look so healthy, I want to start my own colony but when I buy red runners then all seem to come retarded. Some missing legs, some tried to moult and end up with messed up looking wings or the moult stuck half on their body. That and they don't seem to eat the dried dog food/fish food mix as readily as the lobster roaches I keep.

But they do love their veggies and fruits.

Comment

Thanks guys for the information.

Comment

Working...
                    X